Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another way of looking at the $NDX...




Note that the bottom chart has a 9 day smoothed average of the 5-point difference formula for numeric derivatives placed against a trendline chart plotted in normal time. Note also that this chart, when it peaks as the market hits the trendlines looks pretty significant. This format is much more readable, but a real pain to produce, particularly with this potential new indicator I'm playing with. You might see that the indicator chart is high currently, and with my limited experience I can't say much except that if that indicator turns back down as we approach the upper trendline, that might be a signal.. You can see I have only plotted two of the trendlines I normally use, but they are the significant ones at the moment..

Those of you who now have my book and spreadsheets, can email me for instructions on how to do this...

1 comment:

Hopper said...

Hi Mark,
Very interesting!

Cheers